Friday, November 10, 2006

Pakistan caught plotting more terror attacks in India, UK


The Civilized World continues to ignore the obvious truth that India has been protesting for over three decades now: Pakistan is the centre of the global network of Islamic terrorism and needs to be disciplined and civilized. For the protection of Civilization worldwide.

If not, they will take advantage of our generosity in giving them the benefit of doubt each time. They will keep plotting catastrophic attacks against us, and some day they will succeed -- in destroying enough of our cities, enough of our people, enough of our industries, enough of our economy, enough of our self-defence capabilities -- through acts of catastrophic terror sabotage carnage and destruction, with nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, that our society will be in chaos and unable to protect itself. And the world will be back in the Middle Ages, in the Middle East.

Barely a few weeks ago a gang of British Muslims of Pakistani origin were caught in the final stages of a plot to blow up 10 airplanes in mid-air en route from UK to USA with liquid explosives. That had led to a huge amount of pain for passengers worldwide, as all kinds of liquids, aerosols and semi-solids, like deodorant, perfume, water, even milk for babies, are no longer allowed to be taken on board.

Law-abiding peace-loving normal civilized people like you and me and paying the price (in terms of inconvenience while going on flights) for the crimes committed by the British Muslims of Pakistani origin.

Now another plot has been uncovered: over a thousand British Muslims of Pakistani origin, with Pakistani connections, have been caught plotting over 30 large-scale catastrophic acts of terror.

BBC reports:

Blair backs MI5 terrorism warning
Tony Blair
Tony Blair said the terror threat had been building for some time
Tony Blair has said he supports MI5's assessment that Britain is facing the threat of multiple terror plots.

He said the dangers were "very real" and he spoke of "poisonous propaganda" warping the minds of young people.

MI5's boss has said she knows of 30 terror plots threatening the UK and revealed that her staff had 1,600 individuals under surveillance.

Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller said attacks could be chemical or nuclear and al-Qaeda was linked to many plots.

The prime minister said the threat had "grown up over a generation" and Dame Eliza warned that it was "serious" and "growing".

Hard choices

MI5 has increased in size by nearly 50% since 9/11 and now stands at roughly 2,800 staff.

But according to Dame Eliza the current terror threat will "last a generation" and her concern is that even with MI5's rapid growth, the security service will not be able to investigate nearly enough of activities it deems to be suspicious.

She said hard choices would have to be made about resources.

"I wish life were like Spooks [the TV series] where everything is, a, knowable, and, b, solvable by six people," she explained.

Tomorrow's threat may - I suggest will - include the use of chemicals, bacteriological agents, radioactive materials and even nuclear technology
Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller

Dame Eliza's warning comes days after a UK man was sentenced to at least 40 years in jail for planning a series of attacks.

Attacks planned by Dhiren Barot, 34, from London, included using a so-called "dirty bomb" using radioactive material.

Mr Blair said he agreed with Dame Eliza's comments that the terrorist threat would last for a generation.

"I've been saying, as you know, for several years that this terrorist threat is very real, it's been building up over a long period of time.

"It's not just in this country, as we've seen recently from incidents in India, France, other parts of the world. This is a threat that has grown up over a generation."

Attacks thwarted

In response to Dame Eliza's warning, Massoud Shadjareh, of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, said he accepted there was a terrorist threat but it had to be put into perspective.

"Over 1,000 arrests have been made under anti-terrorism since 9/11 and out of those, 27 have been found guilty. Out of those 27, only nine have been Muslims," he said.

Dame Eliza, who rarely speaks in public, gave a speech to a small audience on Thursday, detailing what she believes her organisation and the UK is facing.

She said that, since the 7 July bombings, five further major conspiracies in the UK had been thwarted.

"Today, my officers and the police are working to contend with some 200 groupings or networks, totalling over 1,600 identified individuals - and there will be many we don't know - who are actively engaged in plotting, or facilitating, terrorist acts here and overseas," she said.

"Today we see the use of home-made improvised explosive devices.

"Tomorrow's threat may - I suggest will - include the use of chemicals, bacteriological agents, radioactive materials and even nuclear technology."




On an unrelated note, the United States has supported India's earlier claims that the vicious bomb attacks that killed hundreds of people and severely injured several hundred more on July 11 2006 in Mumbai were carried out by terrorists with Pakistani links. Pakistan had a hand in it.

Times of India reports:

'Outfits blamed for terror in India have origin in Pak'
[10 Nov, 2006 1538hrs ISTPTI]

NEW DELHI: The US on Friday said the terrorist groups responsible for attacks in India, including in Mumbai recently, have 'origin' and 'links' in Pakistan and hoped the anti-terror joint mechanism proposed to be set by the two neighbours would produce results.

US Assistant Secretary of State Richard Boucher, however, insisted that India has not told his country anything about Pakistan's involvement in terrorism here and maintained that the two countries ought to sort out their issues between themselves.

Talking to newspersons here, he refused to comment on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's statement about 'credible' evidence of ISI's involvement in the July 11 Mumbai blasts.

"The Mumbai blasts and the series of blasts in India highlight the need to deal with the problem of terrorism," said Boucher who discussed terrorism with Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon here earlier this morning.

"Many of the links (of groups) that are talked about go back to their origin and ties in Pakistan. We all need to work together against terrorism through effective actions so that people in India do not suffer from these blasts," the US official said.

He, however, added that all the groups blamed for terrorism in India have been banned in Pakistan as well.

The comments assume significance as they come just ahead of the Foreign Secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan during which New Delhi is expected to convey its concerns over terrorism continuing to emanate from that country.

Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has said that he was determined to end extremism and terrorism in his country, Boucher said.

All need to work together to ensure that South Asian region "is not a source of terrorism", he added.

On the Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary-level talks to take place on November 14-15 here, the US official described it as a 'very good thing' which 'shows that both sides are interested in dealing with issues directly. Certainly, that is the obvious preference for those not involved.'

He said the two countries need to achieve progress and hoped that it will be possible. But much cannot be expected from one round of talks and the two countries need to have continued serious discussions, Boucher said.

On the joint anti-terror mechanism, he hoped that it will be useful and produce results.

Asked whether the US believed that al Qaida had presence in India, he evaded a direct reply but said the terror network was operating in the region and countries like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"We have to assume that they operate globally against those fighting terrorism," Boucher said.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Powered by Blogger